A few facts about the new process:
- SBEC cannot require that an applicant use the DPS vendor, but strongly encourages them to do so.
- SBEC will require all applicants that choose to use the vendor to pay their fingerprinting fees ($47) online.
- The applicant will be required to pay their fingerprint fees (online) prior to being able to use the vendor’s digital services.
- The applicant will receive an email from SBEC that will contain a document (FAST pass) that will allow them to use the vendor’s digital services.
- The applicant will be required to make an appointment with the vendor and present the document (FAST pass) at their fingerprint appointment.
- Applicants will be required to pay the vendor a fee of $9.95 for the fingerprinting service.
- The rejection rate guaranteed by the vendor is 2% as opposed to the 25% rejection rate for inked and rolled prints.
- The average turn around time for completion of the digital fingerprint process is 3-5 days as compared to the average turnaround time of two weeks currently being experienced by the Fingerprint Division for inked and rolled fingerprints.
- The service is offered at 55 locations currently with additional sites anticipated. For a list of current sites go to: http://www.l1id.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=262&Itemid=314
Problems with Fingerprinting call TEA at 512 936 8253 or 512 936 8259