In order to obtain your fingerprints, please follow the steps below.
- Go to our homepage and click on Texas Education Agency, which is located in the TEA important links.
- On the upper right hand look for Educator Login. Click It.
- On the page that opens up choose either Create New TEAL Account or Login to TEAL.
- Fill in last name, SSN, DOB, and then choose Candidate participating in an educator preparation program.
- Next, you will follow the steps to create your account on SBEC. Once the account is created, go to APPLICATIONS on the left side of the page.
- Choose Probationary Certificate Texas Program.
- On the next page, choose Apply for Certification at the bottom of the screen.
- The site will take you step by step from there; make sure to choose A Career in Teaching EPP for the recommending entity. There are 2 listings for A Career in Teaching EPP, choose the first listing.
- When you get to Subject applying for, type in the area that you wish to be certified in.
- Once you are finished with that page, click Apply.
- On the next page, you will pay for the fingerprinting. Click on the box next to Fingerprinting that says “Pay online now” ($47). You will NOT need to pay for the Probationary certificate ($52) until you are hired as a teacher.
After you pay for your fingerprinting, you will be sent an automated email from TEA (often goes to spam mail). Once you receive your FAST PASS code, please click on Fingerprint Registration link directly below Fingerprinting Procedures link @ www.careerinteaching.org . Follow directions. There is an additional ($9.95) fast pass fee for the fingerprinting process.
Please contact our office at 1-800-382-0389 if you have any questions.